Americans are projected to spend $7.4 billion on Halloween in 2014. between the Halloween costumes, candy, decor, and cards, the spending adds up. Below are some facts and statistics about Halloween 2014.
Americans will spend $2.8 billion on Halloween Costumes
- $1.4 billion will be spent on adult Halloween costumes
- $1.1 billion will be spent on children’s Halloween costumes
- $350 million will be spent on pet Halloween costumes
Americans will spend $2.2 billion on Halloween Candy
- $1.5 billion will be spent on Halloween chocolate
- Reese’s was the #1 selling Halloween candy in 2013
- 35 million pounds of candy corn will be purchased (but will any of it be eaten?)
Americans will spend $2 billion on Halloween Decor
- 1.1 billion pounds of Halloween pumpkins will be purchased
- 47% of Americans will decorate their homes for Halloween
- 33% of people will throw or attend a Halloween party
Americans will spend $350 million on Halloween Cards
- 21 million Halloween greeting cards will be mailed in the US
- Halloween is the 7th most popular occasion to buy and send greeting cards
- Hallmark offers 250 designs of Halloween cards
You never know how far you can go until you test yourself.
Zanifesto started as an online-only tool, but then you asked about print outs. So we tried it and, well what do you know, it worked! We discovered you can use Zanifesto to create a custom design for printed marketing postcards.
But why stop there? How big can we go?
Today, we took it a step further.
We successfully printed out a sharp and vibrant 8.5 x 11 inch flyer using an infographic built on Zanifesto. Unlike the postcards we shared, this flyer was printed using a home printer and thick card stock paper.
It was a little tricky to get the length of the image just right, so we will definitely be adding a template. Be on the lookout.
Is this something you will be incorporating into your marketing campaigns?
We want to know!
Don’t be deceived into thinking image-based content marketing is merely a trend.
The appeal and popularity of infographics and other visual data are based in scientific fact. This marketing method is a proven method for building your brand, increasing blog traffic, and improving e-commerce sales.
The brain was designed to process images. Words are a human invention.
- The brain processes meaning of images in as fast as 13 milliseconds.
- The brain remembers images better than it remembers words.
- The eye is drawn to images that deliver stories and messages.
Images are more engaging than links, videos, and text on social media.
- Images get 53% more likes.
- Images get 104% more comments.
- Images get 84% more clicks throughs.
Images impact conversion rates.
- Using the right images can lead in an increase in conversion rates.
- Emotional images will lower inhibitions and seduce, rather than persuade, purchases.
- Photos of objects increase a customer’s level of trust and the likelihood of purchase.