Last week, Pew Research released the results of a survey on which issues Americans think are most important for Obama and Congress to address.
Of note, people think improving the economy is less important than prior years and defending the US against terrorism is more important. Does this align with your opinion?
View Pew’s entire publication here.
The statistics are telling. Kids want rules when it comes to cell phone usage and according to this study from AT&T, they need them.
Despite repeated messages from Disney cartoons, dreaming alone gets you nowhere. You must actually do something for your dreams to come true.
These points may be obvious, but it is worth sharing. All are backed by studies by Edwin Locke.
To move from dreaming to doing, you need to set a concrete and actionable goal. By just taking that one step, you get the following benefits:
- Success: Setting a specific goal provides motivation, which makes you more likely to achieve your goal.
- Skills: Pursuing goals promotes the learning and perfecting of a variety of skills. Some of these skills include how to achieve a goal, which is necessary for repeatable success in the future.
- Happiness: Pursuing a goal you find important and meaningful makes you feel happy and satisfied. Even if you are unsatisfied at work and you pursue a personal goal, your satisfaction and happiness will spill over to your job as well.
- Teamwork: Having a shared vision or goal bonds a team. It promotes cooperation and shared learning between team members.
Americans are projected to spend $7.4 billion on Halloween in 2014. between the Halloween costumes, candy, decor, and cards, the spending adds up. Below are some facts and statistics about Halloween 2014.
Americans will spend $2.8 billion on Halloween Costumes
- $1.4 billion will be spent on adult Halloween costumes
- $1.1 billion will be spent on children’s Halloween costumes
- $350 million will be spent on pet Halloween costumes
Americans will spend $2.2 billion on Halloween Candy
- $1.5 billion will be spent on Halloween chocolate
- Reese’s was the #1 selling Halloween candy in 2013
- 35 million pounds of candy corn will be purchased (but will any of it be eaten?)
Americans will spend $2 billion on Halloween Decor
- 1.1 billion pounds of Halloween pumpkins will be purchased
- 47% of Americans will decorate their homes for Halloween
- 33% of people will throw or attend a Halloween party
Americans will spend $350 million on Halloween Cards
- 21 million Halloween greeting cards will be mailed in the US
- Halloween is the 7th most popular occasion to buy and send greeting cards
- Hallmark offers 250 designs of Halloween cards
Showing some local love. We are proud to be a Boise-based technology start up!